Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 27, 2011

Week of 1/24/11
Physically: 
This week was about finding the balance between work and leisure.  I was feeling the effects of the weekend “ab work out” also known as “Milk of Magnesia Stomach” until about Midweek (Wednesday) – at which point I started to feel a lot more normal.  At that same time I also started setting alarms throughout the night to wake up in time for medications.  This helped me manage my symptoms a lot better then taking the meds whenever I wake up.  I didn’t get any workouts in during the week … with my digestive system out of balance I wasn’t able to make it out – but hope to exercise this weekend.  I drove my car this week and remembered how much I Love Driving my little car aka Super M.
Super M

My senses:
During chemotherapy the first cells affected are those that divide the fastest, this includes taste buds.  Most of the week my tongue felt sort of puffy and irritated, the same way you feel after you burn your tongue on a hot drink or piping hot soup.  My mouth was also very sensitive and dry.  By Friday everything started to taste the same, but at least it was a lot less painful – I will sacrifice taste for pain anyday.  I at least remember what food tasted like and that is enough for me, as long as I can keep the food I eat in my body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment