Friday, January 21, 2011

January 21, 2011


On Friday 1/21/11
The last couple days have been pretty good – I feel like I have the flu (sore muscles and tired).  The biggest challenge is eating enough.  This morning Matt was kind enough to make me a fresh juice (ingredients:  3 carrots, 5 leaves of romaine lettuce, 1 beet, 3 celery stalks and one apple).  The beet got the best of me and I don’t think I will be ordering this drink again any time soon.    Below is a picture of me hard at work today – I am still in the process of setting up my home office :)
I have been using an exercise ball as an office chair for about 2 months and it gives me quite a work out all day long. 
Hoping to get a workout in this weekend – running and maybe a bike ride.  I miss riding my Ducati :(  I don't anticipate getting on it anytime while I am going through treatment.  
Wednesday:
1/19/11
Went to the clinic for the Neulasta Shot.  In all honesty I was feeling the effects of chemo – but in true SuperMonkey KungFu Style I had to get a little exercise.  So I showed up for my shot in my running gear.  The nurses joked that I should be the “Chemo at Kelsey Poster Child”… get chemo and run the next day.   Neulasta Shot is a white blood cell booster and as I understand will help keep my treatments on time.  The side effects are pretty yucky:  Bone Aches, Muscle Aches, Strange Tooth Pain, Dizziness, Fast Pulse being only a few. 
Matt and I stopped at the park on the way home for a 3 mile run and it went very well considering.  Below is a picture of me after the run – eating dinner. 







Pessimism never won any battle. Dwight D. Eisenhower 

2 comments:

  1. Try carrot and green apple juice. It's my favorite. You can also add ginger to fire it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy you are truly inspiring. I love the approach you're taking and the strength you possess. I hope to have half of that in my life! :)

    Love the pictures and all the hair style options!! ;) gotta get a red one just for some fun every now and then ;)

    ReplyDelete