Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16, 2011

Here are a few photos of the life I was leading before 1/6/11, Active and Adventure seeking ... I thought I was healthy!!


On 1/7/11 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, invasive ductal carcinoma, poorly differentiated. In short, that means I have cancer in my breast as well as in a lymph node under my arm.  I will have a PET Scan on Monday 1/17/11 that will tell me if the cancer has spread anywhere else.  Regardless of the PET Scan results I start chemotherapy on Tuesday 1/18/11.


Last week (1/13/11) Matt and I told our friends and family about the diagnosis and treatment plan and we have received an abundance of support and love.  The kindness in the hearts of those nearest to us is extremely evident in this difficult time.  

The out pouring of support and positive thoughts are helping prepare Matt and I as we embark on the difficult journey ahead of us.  This experience will make me stronger and I have accepted the challenge!

My chemo cocktail has the pleasure of providing many unpleasant side effects -- the most pleasant amongst them ... hair loss.  In the spirit of including family and friends in this journey we have decided to have a party to embrace my new style.  Everyone in attendance (physical and virtual) is invited to cut their hair in celebration of the Kick Butt attitude we are taking towards cancer (more on the party details later).  We went wig shopping this weekend, pictures coming soon :)

I plan on posting updates several times a week ... Stay Tuned!!
Nancy 


Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.
~ John F Kennedy




Houston Urban Adventure Race
My First Motorcycle 
3rd Place Women's Overall at Triple Threat




Big Bend with Mattie





My First 999R Xerox


MSR Houston Track Day 2010
Agawam Dinner in MA


Palomino on Guadalupe River

2010 Marine Corps Marathon