Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011

Saturday 6/25/11
Today has been a very relaxed day.  I spent majority of the day resting while Matt ran a few errands and cleaned up the house.  It is challenging for me to sit back and watch but Matt helps remind me how important it is to allow my body to heal.
Friday 6/24/11
The healing process has been challenging and Matt recognized this so he took me out to enjoy the day.  We went to Moody Gardens in Galveston.  Galveston is about 45 minutes from Houston - so by the time we arrived it was lunch time.  We learned that the power was out in the main building, so this meant they were not running all of their normal attractions and that only one food court was operational.  The most common visitor during the week was obviously mothers and / or grandparents with their toddlers.  The food court had many noisy, overheated toddlers and every screaming child made me laugh harder and harder and slowly the crowded food court, the screaming children and the lack of wiped down tables started to annoy Matt.  

Packed and Loud Food Court

Me in the Food Court

Matt in the Food Court


After eating our cheeseburgers Matt and I found our way to the aquarium.  

At the aquarium we spent time learning about sea creatures such as sharks, otters, sea lions and penguins.  We recorded a video while watching the sea lion tank (but I was unable to upload it) - I could probably watch this tank at the aquarium all day.  I will say this - the longer we watched the tank, the smaller it seemed for the sea lions. 



After observing and learning about the sea creatures we made our way to the botanical garden.  The botanical garden has a butterfly pavilion and many rainforest animals (exotic birds, lizards, and of course monkeys).  Matt and I had a great time - the lack of air conditioning made for a hotter and dryer then usual rain forest environment - but Matt and I had a great time!!
Matt and I as we entered the Rain Forest

Our first reptile

An Ocelot Napping

Exotic Bird 

3 Hyper Turtles

Ant Eater (the birds were very upset to see this animal
- he doesn't belong in the rainforest)

One of the Monkeys in the Rainforest
(super cute)

Another Monkey in the Rainforest
(also super cute)

Matt and I returned home to a very interesting surprise.  The other day I posted a demonstration of a toy I called "Super Stupid Monkey", a monkey that screams when it hits the wall (super fun).  Today Matt and I came home to a package waiting for me from amazon.com it was a "slingshot flying screaming monkey toy flingshot".  This toy did not come with an invoice, I reached out to amazon and was not able to find out who sent me this toy (so now I have a matching pair of monkeys).  I have no idea who sent this toy to me.  If anyone out there sent it to me please let me know.  I would love to send a thank you note showing my gratitude.  
Another heart-felt gift
During our recent visits to see family Matt and I went to Colorado to see my family and Massachusetts to see Matt's family.  Cindy (my mother-in-law) bought some yarn and agreed to knit a hat for me.  She has been working on it since our visit April of this year.  According to Cindy she has made and remade this hat several times, this has happened to me several times.  The hat has arrived via mail, it is awesome and I love it!!
Me wearing my newest hat :)

Stay tuned for more SuperMonkey Adventures,
Nancy
Aka:  SuperMonkey



"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."
 - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment