Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 6, 2011

Saturday 2/5/11:
Today was a beautiful day and I was feeling pretty good.  Matt and I started the day at the park.  Background:  When Matt and I learned of my illness and impending treatment we made a trip to Whole Earth Provisions -- for those of you who have never been to this super awesome store ... you are missing out.  They have outdoor clothing, shoes and backpacks as well as an entire section of books, toys and games.  I was on the look out for a hat that would be warm enough to keep my head warm and versatile enough that I could wear it to the park or to work as needed.  I found a great smart wool hat and Matt found a boomerang.  This boomerang has been sitting in the back of Matt’s car for several weeks now waiting to be thrown.  After weeks of remembering well after the sun had gone down -- today was the day -- Matt was going to throw his boomerang.  With directions in hand we set out to throw and hopefully catch a boomerang.  Matt threw that thing for a good 30 - 45 minutes and each time got a little better - but clearly this is a skill that requires practice.  I didn’t take a turn, while I would like to say it is because of my fresh stitches, in all honesty the boomerang sorta scares me -- but Matt had a great time and we took this photo after the fun morning at the park.  
Me wearing my Smart wool hat and Matt with the boomerang
The rest of the day was filled with errand running and we finally ordered my wig.  I don’t have pictures to share at this time of the wig -- but the experience was GREAT!!!  Jan at “Women’s Health Boutique” was courteous and professional and while she wasn’t trying to be -- Matt and I found her comments to be fabulously funny.  I don’t expect that the wig will be here for about a week maybe even two -- depending on how quickly she verifies my insurance and is able to place the order.    I really liked the Raquel Welch line of wigs - that is all I am going to say about the wig for now - you will have to keep checking for updates to find out what the final product looks like. 
We ended the day with an evening outside with a fire - it was a great day!!  By the way - I was freezing and Matt was wearing shorts - but that is pretty typical.

Outside with the fire

Stay tuned for more SuperMonkey Adventures, 
Nancy 
aka:  SuperMonkey


“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” 
- Dolly Parton

1 comment:

  1. What's up Agent? I knew you were a trooper :) Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete