Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday, August 2, 2012

It has been a long time since my last posting ... you will be happy to know my hair is still crazy looking (a little pink never hurt anyone) and my attitude is positive.  Our transitions in the last few months have been pretty significant.  I have also come to realize that things don’t really slow down ... so I just need to get used to the pace.  Hope you enjoy this update.


We saw this vehicle at the grocery store
it is pretty awesome - has a face and lots of cool details!






Saturday 7/28/12
Our current big project is the garage - we have changed out the lighting, redone the floor and plumbed for an ice making fridge.  We are still in the process of patching the holes and preparing for paint.  The garage is the area that required the most work.  Matt and I spend a great deal of time in the garage so we are both very excited to complete this room.  We will absolutely post pictures when the room is complete.  
This afternoon Matt and I attended our friends’ Vera and Tommy’s son Ryder’s 2nd Birthday party.  It was fun -- there were children running around all over the place.  It was a good opportunity to see a few familiar faces.  
Ryder having a Happy 2nd Birthday :)

Seriously how can a little baby get more adorable
(I know - put them in a a little wagon)

Guy and I posing for a picture
(this is a super calm baby - takes after his mother)
Sunday 7/22/12
Matt and I are going for an older look in our home so we decided to hit one of Houston’s flea markets today.  Sadly it was mostly professionals and we a little disappointed with the merchandise.  Of course that doesn’t mean had a bad time; we saw wrestling, snakes and puppies (not all at the same time but pretty close).  
It's hard to tell but that is wrestling behind me :)

This place is no joke -- there are seriously live snakes in there
(I moved on pretty quickly)

These are Huskadors
(Husky / Lab mixes)
SOOOOOO CUTE!

What's a flea market without a turkey leg ... especially a 3 ft tall one :)

Cooking dinner after a long day of flea market shopping 

Friday 7/13/12
Lots has been happening - we are still getting settled in and unpacking boxes.  This afternoon is very special, I had the 16th treatment of 16 (my final maintenance treatment).  Honestly for me finishing any part of treatment is bitter sweet because it usually means the beginning of something else (leaving the familiar for the unfamiliar).  In my case it means my “treatment” is complete (for now).  The next thing is my reconstructive surgery - which I would like to wait to do until after the new year (ideally sometime in February 2013).  After going home to rest a little Matt took me out for dinner.  Our new home is walking distance from several restaurants, picture of us at dinner below.  
In the waiting room
(before chemo)

That's me getting my final chemo treatment 

Matt and I at dinner
(Celebrating another milestone)
Ringing the bell after my final chemo
(I didn't even know they had a bell it is so small)

Tuesday 7/10/12
I recently shared that I was participating in a competition at work to lose weight.  I did not win and sadly I did not lose any weight.  My clothes are fitting much better but I have not lost any weight.  The awesome part is that my company reported the following:  Participants lost 17 tons of weight and exercised over 9 million minutes.  While I didn’t meet my goal - it is pretty cool that my company inspired so many folks to do more and make positive change in their lives.  

Friday 7/6/12
We have been working diligently with our bank and realtor to close on our new home.  And while the holiday put a little bit of a wrinkle in expediting the process we were able to close today instead of next week.  Buying a house is one of those things you don’t really want to jinx by talking about it too much - we are very excited to finally close and be able to share the excitement with everyone.  Anytime you move or buy a home there is a list of things you need to do and this house is no different - there are many things we want to get done.  For now just moving in is quite the task.  I will keep you posted about our progress and will post more pictures soon.  Below are a few pictures from the listing.  
Matt and I at closing 

Me at Sears
(seriously I think I need one of these)

Photo of our new home
(from the listing)

Another photo of our new home

Wednesday 7/4/12
Since Matt and I have been out of the running game for so long we have decided to start building a base.  We celebrated the 4th of July with a 6 mile run.  While Gusta our German Shepherd has been through a lot of changes lately she has done really well with the increased running.  Today was her second long run and the the pictures below are a pretty clear indication of how we are all feeling.  Honestly running is my favorite exercise ... mostly because it reminds me of how much more work I have to do.  I can pretty easily track progress by how I feel when I am running.  It is a long way to January for the marathon - will be interesting to see how much better the Jordan family runs get. 
Photo taken after her 2nd (6 miles)

Photo after her first 6 mile run

I think I have mentioned before that there is a bird at the hotel that hates us.  Well during our stay it became more and more bold.  I recorded the following attack - I will say this ... there are very few things out there scarier then a bird attack (no joke)!
Angry Bird Attack
(The bird had recently started diving right at us)



Stay tuned for more SuperMonkey Adventures,
Nancy
AKA:  SuperMonkey
“I like thinking big.  If you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big.”
 - Donald Trump 




“It’s not about where you are, it’s about where you are going.
 - Matthew Bryce Jordan (AKA:  Mattie B)



No comments:

Post a Comment