Monday, August 1, 2011

August 1, 2011

Sunday 7/31/11
With the temperatures hovering at or over 100 degrees I have been staying in a lot.  Matt has continued to work out in this weather - oh to be healthy :)  
Today I was feeling a little stir crazy so I asked Matt that we leave the house and I didn’t really care where we went.  I recently finished sorting through my clothes ended up with 2 containers of clothes that don’t fit (that will go into the attic).  Also ended up with 2 boxes  of clothes for donation.  With that said we went to goodwill to donate the clothes and a few other items.  While at the goodwill donation center we met this creature ....
Creature we encountered at Goodwill ... he is awesome
we were told by the goodwill worker that a little boy donated him earlier that day


Instead of taking me right back home Matt took me to buy an ice cream cone.  Matt surprised me by offering that I eat my ice cream outside.  Below is a picture of me eating my ice cream as quickly as possible ... trying to beat the sun/heat.  
Seriously - could this ice cream melt any faster?


Saturday 7/30/11
Matt worked out today and after my first week back I was pretty tired today.  I caught up on household chores and relaxed.  A very laid back day.  


Friday 7/29/11
After a full day of work Matt and I watched movies.  I am a movie watcher and there are a few favorite types I have:  Comedies and Horror are at the top of my list.  Matt recently commented that he missed watching movies with me, so I had 2 movies for us to watch together; “Let me in” and “Omen” the original from the 1970s.  


Thursday 7/28/11
Today Matt had Jury Duty.  He was feeling either very adventurous or fearless when he decided to eat in the jail cafeteria.  He sent me this photo as he ventured into the mysterious destination.  Matt's exact words, "It was pretty good - better then you get in the marine corps chow hall."  I guess it is all about perspective.

Jail Kitchen
Downtown Houston, TX

While Matt was waiting to be called in to Jury Duty
he sent me this picture of me Mixin' at Best Buy taken earlier this year :)


Wednesday 7/27/11
I went in to see my plastic surgeon in the late afternoon.  After an assessment of my stitches she decided that I could go ahead and start physical therapy.  She also decided that instead of expanding any further we will proceed with radiation the first week of August.  I have to work with 2 different doctors to coordinate both the physical therapy and the radiation -- but according to my plastic surgeon it is ok to start with both of these now.  Progress is great right now - but in all honesty it can be confusing with all these treatment dependencies.  Either way, today was a day of good news.  
Since surgery I have been patiently waiting for the chance to return to my normal activities such as running.  Today my doctor said I could run at 8 weeks post surgery (8/8/11).  
Lastly, I asked about sleep.  Post surgery I was sleeping sitting up and about 4 weeks post surgery I was able to sleep horizontally (on my back).  I am not a back sleeper, so I am anxious to return to sleeping on my side.  Today my doctor said I could start sleeping on my side at 8 weeks post surgery ... I can’t wait.  
Needless to say I am very excited about the 8 week mark.  

Me at the Plastic Surgeons Office


Stay tuned for more SuperMonkey Adventures,
Nancy
Aka:  SuperMonkey


"To please everybody is impossible were I to undertake it, I should probably please nobody."
 - George Washington 

1 comment:

  1. Nancy, 1. Eat the ice cream slow as you want and if it melts too fast have Matt buy you another. 2. We all admire your desire to get back to your exercise program and we will be cheering you on 8/8/2011, as I know you will be out there! 3. Horror movies are too difficult for me to watch....however give me a good comedy and I'll buy the popcorn. 4. We love you dearly and cheer you on everyday......Larry aka Gumby aka Harley Davidson Larry aka Hey You.

    ReplyDelete